How much does having a house alarm reduce crime rate?
The presence of a house alarm can reduce the risk of burglary and may deter potential burglars from attempting to break in. According to various studies, having a house alarm can reduce the likelihood of a break-in by 60% to 80%. However, the effectiveness of house alarms can vary depending on factors such as the quality of the burglar alarm system, its installation, and the neighbourhood crime rate. It is important to note that having a house alarm is just one aspect of home security system and should be combined with other measures such as good locks and proper lighting to maximise its effectiveness.
What are the benefits of having a wireless house alarm over a wired alarm?
There are several benefits to having a wireless house alarm over a wired alarm, including:
- Easier installation: Wireless alarms are much easier to install than wired alarms, as they do not require any drilling or running of cables through walls, which can be time-consuming and disruptive.
- Flexible placement: Wireless alarms can be placed in any location that is convenient, as they do not need to be located near a power source or connected to a control panel via cables.
- Easy to expand: Wireless alarms can be easily expanded by adding additional sensors or devices, without the need for additional wiring.
- Portable: Wireless alarms can be easily moved to a new location if you move house, without the need for any rewiring.
- More reliable: Wireless alarms are generally more reliable than wired alarms, as they are not affected by power outages or cable damage.
It is important to note that both wired and wireless alarms can provide excellent home security, and the choice between them may depend on factors such as the size and layout of your home, your budget, and personal preferences.
There are different types of Wireless alarm systems. You can opt for a Smart alarm system (such as our very own Sentry Smart) which uses Wi-Fi and can be controlled by a smartphone app, this can also notify you of alarm activity via you smartphone. The other alternative is opting for a GSM unit which uses a mobile SIM card for sending voice and text notifications you numbers inputted into the alarm unit.